Search Days In
science recipes parties papier mache paper craft paints outdoors music model making messy masks magic gifts games fathers day fabrics dog colouring pages decoupage colouring christmas certificate cat
11-14 year olds | two hours
Have the world at your hands. Gain a better grasp on geography with a papier-mâché globe!
What You'll Need
- A round balloon
- Flour and water glue
- Blue and green tempera paint
- Paint brushes
- Dark marker
- Blow up and tie a round balloon.
- Tear newspapers and dip each strip into flour-water glue.
- Wrap each strip around the balloon. Do at least three layers. After each layer, let it dry overnight.
- When the papier-mâché is dry, the balloon may pop by itself. If not, pop the balloon yourself.
- Print out maps of the earth.
- Using a pencil, draw the continents on the globe.
- Using tempera paint, paint the continents green.
- Paint the oceans, lakes, etc. after the green has dried.
- Admire your new globe!
blog comments powered by Disqus