Search Days In
7-10 year olds | two hours
Forget rotting pumpkins. The answer is a papier-mâché jack-o-lantern. You'll have so much fun making it that you might not even want the real thing!
What You'll Need
- Round balloon
- Flour-water glue
- Pan and stirrer
- Orange and green tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Black marker
- Blow up and tie a balloon.
- Dip scraps of newspaper into flour-water glue.
- Cover the entire balloon with the dipped scraps. Do at least three layers, and after each layer allow it to dry overnight.
- Make a small ball to form the stalk of the pumpkin and stick it to the top.
- Pop the balloon and throw it away.
- Place the jack-o-lantern on a slightly damp cloth or sponge. This will make the bottom soften slightly so that it can sit flat on a surface.
- Paint the jack-o-lantern orange (the stalk should be green) and let it dry.
- Cut or draw the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Enjoy your papier-mâché jack-o-lantern!
Do not place a light inside the jack-o-lantern as it is highly flammable!
blog comments powered by Disqus