Search Days In
4-6 year olds | half hour
What little one doesn’t love bright, fun colours? Put a taste of the rainbow into a young child’s room by helping them make this simple mobile.
What You'll Need
- 1 paper plate
- paper streamers
1. Cut a paper plate in half. You’ll need one half for each mobile you make.
2. Measure and cut a paper streamer of each colour to about 100 cm. Cut one extra in violet.
3. Place the red streamer on the plate, following the curved edges of the plate with the streamer. Make sure that the streamer hangs evenly under both sides of the plate.
4. When satisfied with the placement, glue in place. Apply glue sparingly.
5. Do the same for the rest of the colours, following the rainbow order.
6. After the violet streamer, take the extra violet streamer and glue to the back of the plate to fill the gap in between the two sides of the rainbow.
7. Trim the streamers at the ends. You may like them even, or may want to trim at a downward angle, making the rainbow flaired.
8. Cut a small hole in the top of the paper plate.
9. Thread a ribbon through this hole and tie at a loop.
10. Hang and enjoy!
Tags: paper craft
blog comments powered by Disqus