Search Days In
science recipes parties papier mache paper craft paints outdoors music model making messy masks magic gifts games fathers day fabrics dog colouring pages decoupage colouring christmas certificate cat
Strawberry Tea Cakes - Family recipes for kids
11-14 year olds | half hour
Give your older children an idea for how to impress their friends with delicious tea time treats this summer. These elegant cakes are cheap, easy to make and delicious to eat.
What You'll Need
- 2 vanilla frosting cans (1 can for strawberry mix, 1 can for outside)
- 8-10 strawberries
- plain pound or sponge cake
- sharp knife (adult supervision required)
- butter knife
- With a sharp knife, cut cake into thin slices and then further cut the thin slices into squares, about four centimetres long.
- Cut strawberries into fourths or eighths and place in bowl.
- Add some frosting to the bowl, just enough to coat the strawberries. Gently mix until all the strawberries are coated.
- Put one of the cake squares on a plate. Spread a layer of strawberry-frosting mix on top of the square with a butter knife.
- Put another cake layer on top. Press down gently.
- Frost the top and sides of this cake sandwich with pure vanilla frosting.
- Cut another strawberry in half. Place one half on the top of the frosted cake-piece for decoration.
- Make as many as needed. Eat and enjoy.
blog comments powered by Disqus